As I was searching for masks on the web I came across these 3 images that helped me create my final mask. Masquerade masks are my favorite types of masks but the mask in the middle and on right remind me of what the typical mask is supposed to look like.
I tried incorporated texture by allowing the paper towel (one of the things I used to make the mask) to be noticeable and not fully covering it with paint. I used blue and red paint only to make the color of the mask look simple but as I was painting it I was able to include both dark and light shades of both the colors I used.

Overall, I did not like how my mask turned out. I used foil as the base to make the mask and molded it over my face to get the texture of it. Then I mixed water and flour together and dipped strips of paper towel into it and laid it over the foil. Once it dried and hardened I painted it blue and red. I was disappointed with the turn out though I have never had to make a mask before. Had I made the mask differently or used different materials, I definitely could make it a lot better!
No comments:
Post a Comment