1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It was interesting drawing my hands because when I normally have a pen or pencil in my hand I usually draw hearts or flowers (something of interest) but never my hands! You never realize how detailed your hand is until you look closely and see all the lines.
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose pencil because I have never really drawn with charcoal and I'm more familiar with drawing with a pencil.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
My dominant hand is my right so drawing with my left hand I noticed that I had a very tight grip on the pencil and couldn't draw very easily. I also noticed that the lines I drew were darker.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I definitely have a better grip of a pencil with my right hand than my left. Overall, my "left hand (facing up)" picture is better than the other. This was an interesting drawing to do because it really puts my left hand to the test to see if it really can draw. I also noticed that my drawing of my right hand is smaller and for some reason I just couldn't get my left hand to flow the way I wanted it to.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I would not consider using my non-dominant hand to create any artwork in the future, unless of course it didn't involve drawing. With my dominant hand, I have a better grip and sometimes don't have to look down at my paper when I am focusing on drawing something.
No comments:
Post a Comment