Monday, May 11, 2015

Project 4 Reflection

This project consisted of really thinking about what I wanted my exhibit to be about. Before I picked out my theme, I thought of all the things I enjoyed--nature, sunsets and sunrises, anything that deals with water (lakes, oceans), sports, and animals. I finally decided to pick my theme of animals. I searched on ArtStor to help me decide what paintings to use that would help me build my "gallery". I decided to use mostly wild animals which included tigers, roosters, horses, a bunny, and also a dog which is not really that wild of an animal. 

When it came to my PowerPoint, I decided to keep the background of my PowerPoint slides neutral as some galleries aren't very enthusiastic with using bright and vivid colors. I had a hard time looking for the description of the painting and knowing a bit of the background of what the painting was about. The colors of my slideshow is a subtle yellow, not too obnoxious and very plain. When I think of animals I think of zoo animals like the ones I've incorporated in my slideshow.

Overall I enjoyed this project. At first I had a hard time finding animal paintings but when I would type in the artists' name and see the artwork they have done, I would come across pictures of animals. This project took quite some time and lots of thinking to complete but I highly enjoyed looking at different paintings along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment