Sunday, February 22, 2015

Module 4: Value Scale and Color Wheel

Color Wheel
Value Scale
 

 1. Creating the value scale was a little harder than making the color wheel because each shade in every box had to either be light or darker than the box next to it. I had to keep looking at it from far away to see the progress of black to white. The color wheel was fun and a little easier to make. Its interesting to know that you really only need the three primary colors to make any color you want. 

2. I liked making the color wheel more because I enjoy anything that has to deal with paint. I'm not really much of a drawing or sketching kind of person but I do enjoy painting. 

3. The most important discovery for the value scale was that I really needed to be careful on how light or heavy I pressed the pencil against the paper to determine its shade of black. And what was important for making the color wheel is when mixing two primary colors together you have to make sure the amounts of paint were equal so that it wasn't a lighter shade of orange or a darker shade of green.

4. The most important information I learned from watching the videos was that we were taught that red, blue, and yellow were primary colors but when all of those colors were mixed it made a brown color. When cyan, magenta and yellow were all mixed together it made black, therefore, cyan, magenta and yellow are primary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment