Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Peer Reviews

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog
http://creativesoul87.blogspot.com/
http://journeytoartdiscovery.blogspot.com/


2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
Both artists did a great job presenting pictures in which fell under the category of elements and principles. I was able to see differently in how they saw things in their own way and agree with them that it would fall into that category of either an element or principle.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
No images were the same but in Shakia's blog, I actually noticed that a picture she posted was going to be a picture I was going to post myself. I also found that picture intriguing and wanted to know more about it. The bright colors caught my eye but I also wanted to know the story behind that. 

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
An artwork that piqued my interest was from Shakia's blog, and the painting is by Albert Bierstadt named The Marina Piccola, Capri. When I look at this painting its almost as if the light in the painting is actually real. The painter did an amazing job and takes talent to make it really come to life. I would like to know more about this painting and maybe where this place (if it exists) is located. Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Goonies", if anyone has ever seen it.
In Samantha's blog I saw that she posted a painting done by Clifford Still called November 1950. This also interested me because when I saw this painting at the art gallery I stopped and stared at it for a couple minutes. I felt confused and had this weird feeling because I had no idea what the emphasis of the black spot in the middle meant. I'd like to know more about this and perhaps more about this artist as well and see if he uses emphasis in his works of art.

5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
I highly enjoyed reading and looking at their reflections. I think its nice to see how they view things differently than me or if there were things that were similar. Every artist looks at everything in a unique way that might be different from one another but it also enables me to be open minded and see where they are coming from.
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment